Saturday, December 07, 2002

Circular No 56



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 7 of December 2002. Circular No. 56
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
In my effort to get Class 1959 names I sent out the Class photo to those that I remembered and believed to be in the photo and that left one year before us.
Here is the conversation with Kristof.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 30 September 2002, Chris DeMarothy wrote:

Hi Las,
I am getting ready to E-Mail you lotsa pictures and a short bio of myself since leaving MSB. I am in the middle of renovating my house so my time is a bit limited (MUST finish before winter sets in). Please send my e-mail to my home address. You are currently sending it to my work and my company would prefer restricting that to business (unless you always want to type "XXXPERS" in the subject area). Thank you.
The "mystery person" in the class of '59 photo, I believe, is Harry Guildner. He was Venezuelan and lived in Tigrito, Edo. Anzoategui.
Will contact you later
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LADISLAO KERTESZ wrote:
Caracas, 10 of October 2002.

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for the reply and encouragement.
Does Ronald Charles sound a bell???? I hope the house work is getting along and that you are placing aside the photos that you are finding for those winter months (they are close, specially in the North North) Maybe you
would like to come back for a few weeks to Caracas???
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Chris DeMarothy
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:07:42 -0400

Hi Las,
Just a quick note. I have sent you a number of e-mails telling you the person you identified as Ronald Chin IS Ronald Charles. I believe he is a doctor in Trinidad. So I heard when I visited Mount in 1979. Unfortunately I could not meet with him although I did meet with Ronald Gokool. He was then the Food & Beverage Control Manager at the Hilton where I stayed. I also met with Randolph "Swami" Galt for a pleasant lunch and memories. I have finally scanned all the pictures that I have and will be sending them to you soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: kristof de marothy
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:02:40 -0400

Hi Laz,

Ronald Charles is the chinese boy with glasses standing 4th from the left in the 2nd photo of the 1959 graduating class. He is the 3rd boy on the left of the priest in
the 1st 1959 graduating class photo.

Again the unknown is Harry Guildner, he is the partially hidden boy with glasses standing to the right of the priest. He does not appear in the 2nd photo.

Swami (or Randal Galt) was in the 1960 graduating class with his brother Richard "Turtleback" whose is shown in the volleyball picture in circular #47 (it looks a lot like him at about 14-15 years of age)..

Like you, I remember my class and a lot of the guys from 1958 and 1960 but after that? Memory fades over 1/2 century but my good times at Mount and the bad ones (especially, when I was whipped by "BoBo" in front off the whole school) are cherished memories. I was really saddened to hear what happened to Mount. It is an ignoble end to such a great school. It gave us a wonderful education, built our characters through sports and discipline and saw us through our formative years.

I'll be in touch
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you notice there is an effort to place names on the photos, and in the case of Class 1959 there has been some luck. I specially thank Michael Herrera, Nigel Boos, George Laquis, Bernard Johnson, Alex de Verteuil, and Kristof for help in the research. I am expecting confirmation from Christopher Date soon.

Class of 1959
PHOTO No. 1 .......................PHOTO No. 2
1. Pampellone, Gerard ..................1 ...............Whereabounts unknown help!
2. Laquis, George Dr. (Pud) .........9 ...............Flags@tstt.net.tt,
3. Johnson, Bernard (Flatop) .....10............... johnsonjb@candw.lc
4. Herrera, Michael .......................3 ...............mherrera@ghl.co.tt,
5. De Verteuil, Alex ......................X................ alexdev@trinidad.net,
6. Harry Guildner .........................8 ................Whereabounts unknown help!
7. Johnson, Claude ........................5 ................Whereabounts unknown help!
8. Donald, Charles Dr. ..................4 ................Whereabounts unknown help!
9. Serrette, Irwin ..........................6 ................Whereabounts unknown help!
10. Date, Christopher, ..................7................. juliet_chris@tesco.net,
11. Nigel Boos ...............................11................ nigelboos@yahoo.ca,
12. Gokool, Ronald ........................X............... Whereabounts unknown help!
13. Fr. Peter Nicholson C.S.Sp ....X ................Holy Ghost Father
De Marothy, Kristof .....................2 .................vze263ga@verizon.net,

Of course I would appreciate if anybody knows the whereabouts or having met any of the missing oldboys of Class 1959, please send me a message.

Gabby here is the best I could do with the group. At least 7 out of 13 is pretty good after 45 years.

God Bless

Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C56.xls
Photos: Class 1959a 15cm no
Class 1959b 15cm no
Column: 021124 wvb: george Campbell rip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C56.xls
Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone, e-mail
Penasa, Dario
glen
YV

Penasa, Roberto
kenrick



Persad
glen



Peter, Fr. OSB, Teacher lk



Peters, Allan
M.donellas
TT San Fernando peters@carb-link.net
Peters, Bruce
roge



Peters, Kirby
M.donellas
TT San Fernando
Petersen, Svend
glen
YV

Phillip, Colin


ca

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: