Saturday, September 28, 2002

Circular No 46


Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 28 of September 2002. Circular No. 46
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Now a short story from my friend Robert Huggins:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Las,

Keep up the good work. While it is great to see the number of old boys coming under one roof, it is unfortunate that very few see it fit to write about all the crazy exploits that we as students under the watchful or not so watchful eyes of Fr(s). Bernard, Augustine, Gregory and others would get up to.

While I would admit that not every day was a happy one, the memories that I have of MSB today are lasting, and looking back were enjoyable. I remember the hikes to white stones and continuing on to the old Monastery on Mount Tabor, playing in the scout band and the long weekend camps in Mayaro. As Sparrow would say, school days were happy! happy! days.

Hey Manuel remember the scout band, may not remember me, but then again many should. I was the most miserable young student together with Gordon Mitchell (young boxhead), where did you get that name from? that loved to "terrorize" the "big boys". It was hit and run, run like you never ran before, because when you got caught, God help you. Cut ass for days.

I remember playing in the Mount band as a drummer, dressed in either white, or scout uniform. With the scout hat on my head, and drum at my side, I was invisible. Manuel was head drummer at the time, with others like Daniel de Verteuil, Roger Ames, Nigel Boos, and others whose names I can't remember at this time. At that time, the Mount band was the best in the island, no other scout troop had a band. What do you expect! We where the best.

Something else always fascinated me. Where did all the nick names come from? how where they derived? But then that might be another story, maybe one for you Don? or Chris?, Wayne?.

Robert.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the Who is Where, Roger need some more two liners!!!

31. Harry Laughlin. Harry got a degree in mathematics, went into teaching for awhile, and the last that I knew is that he was building furniture.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My project, to round up the Form V boys of Class 1959 is moving ahead with the following old boys missing.

Gerard Pampellone, ( I am sure his brother David Pampellone will be kind enough to help??? This task should not be too hard for a 1960 graduate).
Claude Johnson, I have his snail mail address,
Nobody seems to know Roland Chin and Roland Gokool.
There is one mystery guy.
I have a new member for the 1959 class: Christopher Marothy.
And before I close, a short note from Carlos Dvorak
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Carlos E. Dvorak, was student in The Abbey School during the years 1966 thru 1969. I am in Caracas Venezuela.
When I was at the school Fr. Bernard was the Head, I also joined the scout group and I was ASM.

Best Regards
C. DVORAK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlos, I would like you to get into contact with me by telephone.

God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C46 .xls
Photos: Christian Goddard and Hugh Henderson
12 Carnival Queen 1964
Column: 020811 That is all right
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C46.xls

Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone e-mail
Lovell, Jasper
roge



Lucky, Anthony 1958 roge
Judge High Court TT celandaal@hotmail.com,
Lucky, Winston
roge



Luongo, Humberto 1967 pablo
YV Maturin, caripito (0416) 489 3234
MacCauley, Lawrence
roger
TT

Mafie, Roland





Mafisi, Philip 1958

YV

Maingot, John
roge



Malaver, Carlos
glen
YV

Malaver, Frank
glen
YV

Malaver, Inocente
glen
YV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: