Saturday, September 14, 2002

Circular No 44



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas,
14 of September 2002. Circular No. 44

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

As you might have noticed, sometimes I am pretty well outdated as to publishing resumes and articles by other old boys. This is because of the large amount of response that I have to check, correspond with the person that wrote the article and mainwhile I loose track of the would be circular and after all this I find it again and it gets published.
One of these is the resume of Christopher Date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladislao,
RE: CHRISTOPHER DATE D.O.B. 18/10/1943
I was at Mount from January 1954 to Form V in December 1959. I went on to Douai School, Near Reading, England to do my 'A' levels. After that I was "articled" with a firm of Chartered Accountants in London.
After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant I worked in London until I returned to Trinidad with Price Waterhouse in December 1971.
In 1976 I left PW to form the firm of Date, Montgomery & Co with David Montgomery. In 1982 we dissolved that practice and I continued as C W DATE & CO until I left Trinidad in March 1984 to settle in England. During 1984 and 1985 I worked with Jon Golding in Whiteghall, London to build his company Sterling Westminster Limited.
From 1985 to 1988 I was Finance Director to a group of companies involved in Tower Cranes and Fork Lift trucks.
In 1988 I returned to the profession as a Partner in a north London practice, KEELINGS.
From 1994 to the present I have been a sole practitioner in Chorleywood, England

I will forward this e-mail to Robert & Alan and ask them to update you on their movements in the past forty years.
Robert is now a Captain with BWIA, based in Trinidad.
Alan is a Lecturer in Soeul, South Korea.

Keep up the good work,
Regards
Chris
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in touch with Robert Date with whom I had lunch at the Trinidad and Tobago Yacht Club, old Royal Queen´s Yacht Club (Sorry Robert for changing your name to Anthony in circular 41), also Alan Date whose football adventure was published in circular No. 42.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the Who is Where, thanks to Roger Henderson:
30. Leon Alves is that he had a company in Trinidad called Alves Engineering and Filtration, Ltd
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leon Alves is quite difficult to contact but one day???
Daniel de Verteuil is back from his trans Canadian trip, resting at home.
As a project, I am rounding up the Form V boys of Class 1959, I am missing a few old boys and their email. Gerard Pampellone, ( I am sure his brother David Pampellone is kind enough to help, it should not be too hard for a 1960 graduate??) Claude Johnson, I have his snail mail address, I have tried to contact Roland Chin but no answer, Roland Gokool is not in the TT telephone directory, and there is one mystery guy, he is in the photo but neither Michael Herrera, George Laquis and Christopher Date recognize him, (they must be kidding!!!)
And before I close, a short note from Manuel Prada
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladislao and friends, just great to hear from you all, soon will write. Now I am extremely busy teaching at college level and trying to survive due to the mess in which our country is in.
Regards, Manuel Prada.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C44 .xls
Photos: mypc3, left to right, Matias Fedak, Ladislao Kertesz , Pepe Braggio,
Enrique Castells
12Puerto pos
Column: 020728 wvb Waiting for it II
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Names Form V Contact nicknames business address business phone e-mail
Lewis, Anthony
jon
Hope valley. W.Australia alewis@tstt.net.tt
Lewis, Brian 1962 roger
TT architect blewis@trinidad.net
Lewis, Jerry 1962 jon



Likam, Roger





Lipavsky, Roberto
glen
YV margarita (0295) 263 1045, 263 9613 jurislipavski@unete.com
Littlepage, Desmond
boos



Llamozas, Carrara
glen
YV

Llanos, Anthony (RIP)
lange
Hope Valley, W.Australia
Llanos, Noel
boos
Calgary, Albert
Llanos, Robert
roge




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: