Saturday, July 13, 2002

Circular No 35



Newsletter for past alumnae of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 13 July 2002. Circular No. 35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends now a few lines on a friendly exchange:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
12 of May 2002.

Hi Ladislao,
We do not know each other as far as I know, but obviously we both went to MSB. I was there for 3-4 years as a junior and left in 1957/8 to go to England to finish my schooling.
Also, I just wanted to set your records right. My brother Alistair (deceased) never did attend MSB, I was the only "jailbird" from my family! I now live in Perth, Australia.
(Would have reached Form V in 1962 according to my calculations.)
Best regards.
Esmond Lange
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 may 2002

Ladislao,
Bernard Lange is a cousin of mine but I left Trinidad in 1970 so have lost touch as to what is happening with him, however, the people in Trinidad should be able to fill you in. I have kept in touch with Jon Golding over the years while passing through London and now he is back in Trinidad I am sure he could help. (According to Jon Golding Bernard passed away. Ed)
I graduated in 1963 from Douai College in England (another Benedictine establishment) and returned to Trinidad where I worked for Texaco until 1969 when I both got married and joined the Schlumberger organisation. I went overseas in 1970 and never returned to live in Trinidad, finally settling in Australia in 1995 after retiring from an International career with Schlumbeger that took me all over the world, including a number of years in South America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
I do keep in touch with other old boys but I would imagine that most of them are already known to you or are receiving your newsletter. Anyway, if I do come across anyone I will certainly pass your contact on to them.
Best regards,
Esmond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
17 May 2002.

Ladislao,
I was in the same class as Brian Lewis and Edward Lloyd and I think John Thavenot as well, but to tell you the truth my memory of those days are not all that sharp. Chris Date and Brian Lewis were also at school with me in England but I have lost touch with them now.
Leary and Richard O'Connor are both my brother's in law (married to my two sisters) so I see them regularly. Unfortunately, Anthony Llanos died of cancer a couple years ago.
I think I received all your circulars and no I do not have any photos from those days though I know Leary and Richard do as they spent many more years there. I will ask them to send you some.
Best regards,
Esmond
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fri, 17 May 2002.

Ladislao,
I only know John Thavenot, but have not seen or heard from him in about 40 years!!!! I believe he lives in Queensland which is in Eastern Australia (the opposite side of the continent from me). The two only MSB boys I know and have addresses for are Leary O'Connor (gilleary@hotmail.com) and Richard O'Connor (peth9@ca.com.au). They are my brothers in law as they married my sisters and both live here in Perth. I will keep my eyes and ears open for any other old boys.
best regards,
Esmond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the Who is Where, thanks to Roger Henderson:
23. Scipio Sooden lives in Barbados
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have included last weeks photo of the invitation to purchase the new CD whose proceedings are going to be used to make repairs to the Monastery. ( See Circular No. 34 ) I strongly advice that you not only purchase the CD but send a generous contribution to upkeep what was our home away from home for so many years, now that we can decide its merits.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C35.xls
Photos: The abbot invite
Pan panam
Shall be sent to ratified addresses this year, please send a line if you have not done so, and shall include photos in your emails.
Column: 020624 wvb Finding the balance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ATTACHMENTS

Listado C35.xls
Names Form V Contact nicknames business address business phone e-mail
Jardim, Peter
roge



Jardim, Thomas
boos Tommy Nova Scotia

Jardine, Gregory
gioannetti Valpo


Jerome, Koot Fr. (RIP) OSB, Teacher lk



John, Terry


guyana

Johnson, Anthony 1960
gabby us
jogncpa@bellpac.net, jogncpa@winfirst.com,
Johnson, Bernard 1959 gabby flatop St.Lucia
johnsonjb@candw.Lc
Johnson, Claude 1959 jon
uk

Johnson, David 1958 boos



Johnson, Richard 1963 gaby bookie St.Lucia
johnsonr@candw.Lc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: